[Wikipl-l] Hackathon w Nowym Orleanie 14-16 października

Marcin Cieslak saper w saper.info
Nie, 4 Wrz 2011, 10:32:16 UTC

(fwd z listy toolservera)

I invite the toolserver community to the Wikimedia and MediaWiki
hackathon happening 14-16 October 2011 in New Orleans, Louisiana, USA.

http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/NOLA_Hackathon

We're getting together a wide variety of contributors -- including
tool, extension, and gadget writers -- to participate, give feedback,
test, and hack together.  If you write software that uses the MediaWiki
API, or runs on the Toolserver, I want you there! :-)

At the event, MediaWiki developers and Wikimedia operations engineers
will be working on Wikimedia's gadgets/extensions/tools support,
authorization/authentication strategy, dev-ops virtualization, and
general training and hacking. And we'll improve and discuss the
Wikimedia Labs projects infrastructure and other stuff that makes it
easier for anyone to supercharge Wikimedia with awesomeness.

The event is open to anyone who wants to come and contribute, and is an
opportunity to spend time with other MediaWiki developers & ops
engineers, write beautiful code, and learn about the latest
developments. We'll write code together, discuss the software, and hold
little workshops.

If you can make it to New Orleans, Louisiana, USA, 14-16 October 2011,
we'd love to have you. Please add your name to the attendees list:

http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/NOLA_Hackathon#Attendees

And if you can only come with financial assistance (to defray the costs
of flight and hotel), please let me know by Monday the 5th so I can note
that and start making requests.

(And please spread the word!)

Thanks and best wishes.

--