[Wikipedia-l] Re: An outsider's view on en-admin-only whatever andthe rest

Phil Boswell phil.boswell at gmail.com
Wed Jan 25 14:56:16 UTC 2006

"Delphine Ménard" <notafishz at gmail.com> wrote
in message
news:453b6e50601250604k30a77fc0o4e32c185818f19e6 at mail.gmail.com...
On 1/25/06, Maru Dubshinki
<marudubshinki at gmail.com> wrote:
> > If the problem is really apparent, why can't you tag the page
> > appropriately?
> > I don't think adding a new layer of procedure will help anything;
> > people who already have the time and such will already be working on
> > the cleanup category.
> Sure.
> Let me just take a look...
> [[Category:NPOV disputes]] 1800 articles tagged.
> [[Category:Articles which may be biased]] 196 articles tagged
> [[Category:Accuracy disputes]]  1000 articles tagged
> [[Category:Pages needing attention]]  198 articles tagged
> [[Category:Possible copyright violations]] 199 articles tagged
> Of course, my "urgent request" will be taken care of within the hour.

So modify your reply to the complainer: instead of saying "oh yes, I've
taken care of it personally; you don't need to do anything" try saying "as
per normal Wikipedia procedure I've tagged it for urgent treatment. Please
feel free to help out yourself."

Maybe you can recruit editors this way, and at least they'll start with some
sort of motivation. Obviously someone would want to check that said
motivation didn't carry them away :-)
--
Phil
[[en:User:Phil Boswell]]