[Wikipedia-l] New language proposal: Wikipedia...

GerardM gerard.meijssen at gmail.com
Sun Aug 27 11:20:39 UTC 2006

Hoi,
Currently we have our "own" wikipedias and we consider them NPOV. That is,
we consider them NPOV within the framework of that Wikipedia. When you
consider them in the light of the "other" wikipedia, there are many ways in
which a bias can be proven.. if only by omission by relevant content.

At this moment, countries like Iran, Iraq, Syria and North Korea are seen as
enemies, when you consider how little content there is on these countries
combined with the relevant information that COULD/SHOULD be told, it is
partisan by ommision.

Consequently, I do not think having articles in multiple scripts is much of
a problem.

Thanks,
    GerardM