[Wikipedia-l] New language proposal: Wikipedia...

Frederick "FN" Noronha fredericknoronha at gmail.com
Sun Aug 27 11:01:05 UTC 2006

Yes, that sounds realistic.

Since we face no immediate problems with issues like fonts and
keyboards in the Roman script (and I also know people who could
volunteer), could Wikipedia start a Konkani-Roman wikipedia?

Its name could be titled according to what's seen suitable by the
Wikipedia naming convention. But let's do this early please, and
strike while the iron is hot. I'm just back from New Delhi, where I
heard Jimmy Wales talk on his plans for Wikipedia in India. If we get
the right persons on board, we can scale up Konkani-Roman and also use
it to encourage other Konkani scripts to get start their ventures.

Thanks! FN