[Wikipedia-l] Using someone's real name instead of his wikiname

Tjipke de Vries tdevries at xs4all.nl
Mon Aug 21 19:35:17 UTC 2006

"Walter van Kalken" <walter at vankalken.net> wrote:

> I am using my wiki alternate name for a reason. I feel that this user is
> violating my privacy by constantly using my real name instead of the
> name under which I edit. Is this a violation of our wiki privacy policy?
>
> Waerth

If you don't want to link your online name to your real name, you could also
concider the following steps:

1. Do not send e-mails with your real name in the "from" field while signing
with your online name.
2. Do not edit the article on nl.wikipedia about your real identity. You
even might concider putting that article up for deletion.

Best regards,

Tjipke de Vries