[Wikipedia-l] Wikipedia 2010

Magnus Manske magnus.manske at web.de
Mon Aug 21 10:51:40 UTC 2006

For the last days, I've been hacking on a C++ - based demo platform for
both a wikipedia offline reader and new tools to use with wikipedia
content. I've euphemistically dubbed it "Wikipedia 2010" ;-)

I hope that people will use it as a platform to test new feature ideas
that are too complex or graphics-dependent to go on the web. Internally,
it offers many useful functions like getting links, categories, etc.,
local caching incuded. I also hope that it could become a wikipedia
offline reader in the future.

Screenshots, Source, Windows and Mac executables are at

http://www.magnusmanske.de/wp2010/

Attention: This is *not* supposed to be usable software in any way! At
least, not yet. Also, I could probably have it implemented in C#, or as
an AJAX application. But I wanted a fast, easy-to-install software, and
so it's C++ with wxWidgets.

I will check it into SVN later today, if there are no objections.

Magnus