[Wikipedia-l] Re: [Wiktionary-l] English orthographies

Jimmy Wales jwales at wikia.com
Fri Sep 23 18:27:31 UTC 2005

Jack & Naree wrote:
> I think it's important that when I type in words like:
>  "colour"
>  That I get "colour" and not "color". I don't see why I need to know the
> spelling of the word in what to me is a foreign language when I'm looking up
> a word in a dictionary of my language.

"foreign language"

I think if you didn't say such ridiculous things, your _valid_ points
(when you make them) would be taken much much more seriously.

It _is_ of course important that issues like 'colour vs color' be
thought about carefully.  But inflammatory and patently false claims are
 likely to be taken as _trolling_ (deliberately trying to annoy people)
rather than serious commentary.

Knock it off.

--Jimbo