[Wikipedia-l] Re: Anglicised English British English

Jack & Naree jack.macdaddy at gmail.com
Mon Sep 19 12:31:02 UTC 2005

Well I don't want to live in an Americanised world; I'd rather take arms
against a sea of illiterate yanks, than suffer the slings and arrows of
their nauseating makey-uppy drawl. (and yes I do have American friends!)
 I know it's not going to feed the starving children in Africa, but I simply
can't feckin' stand seeing the word "center" and "color" and hearing people
raising the intonation at the end of their sentences.
 American-English is like a giant linguistic fingernail down the English
blackboard.