[Wikipedia-l] Wikipedia page protection report

Sam Korn smoddy at gmail.com
Wed Sep 14 16:21:10 UTC 2005

On 9/14/05, Erik Moeller <erik_moeller at gmx.de> wrote:
> * limit protections by policy
> * add an automated or template-based visible marker to protections in
> the article namespace
> * add an "expiry" feature for page protection similar to blocks

All three would be highly welcomed by me, speaking as an en admin.

2 shouldn't be that major a feature, as the code to change "edit this
page" to "view source" already exists. 1, at least on en, seems to be
active and working well.  3 would be very welcome indeed, as it is
very easy to forget a page that you have protected yourself.

I hope someone could code these changes in for 1.6, or whatever the
next upgrade is going to be.

Sam