[Wikipedia-l] Re: new request for ASL/English wikipedia

Andrew Gray shimgray at gmail.com
Fri Sep 9 18:03:51 UTC 2005

On 09/09/05, Ros' Haruo <rosharuo at gmail.com> wrote:

>  ... the project would likely cope much better as part of the
> larger en.wiki community. — Andrew Gray
>
> (these are just a couple of random selections, nothing against either poster
> personally) could, I think, easily be taken as opposing the basic Wikipedian
> principle of people's right to access to information in their own languages.

My point was mainly directed at the "bilingual" idea. If it is to
involve a large amount of text in English, which is the impression I
got from the query, alongside the ASL... then it makes sense to try
and arrange it in such a way as to take advantage of the fact that we
have a well-developed, organised community writing that English text
at an astonishing rate.

--
- Andrew Gray
  andrew.gray at dunelm.org.uk