[Wikipedia-l] GFDL works inside other published works

Sj 2.718281828 at gmail.com
Sun May 1 00:21:58 UTC 2005

Someone in Boston is publishing a book in which he would like to
include a few entire Wikipedia articles; he wrote me recently to ask
whether this had been done before, and precisely how he should go
about including the GFDL where, to clarify which sections of the
published work it covers, and how he should most perfectly comply with
the license (should he list main authors himself?  all non-anon
authors?  should he use pseudonyms or full names of both are
available? Do IP contributors ever include their real name on their
user page?  Will it look funny to list pseudonyms as authors in what
is otherwise a scholarly text?).

If there are precedents, please point me to them.  If anyone can
advise on this matter, please respond!  Perhaps I should I contact the
FSF directly, but I thought I'd check with this list first.

--SJ, who is very curious what said book is about