[Wikipedia-l] Re: Autofellatio

Anthere anthere9 at yahoo.com
Tue Mar 29 18:05:00 UTC 2005

David Gerard a écrit:
> Anthere (anthere9 at yahoo.com) [050329 15:02]:
>

>>However, I just limited myself to vote for its deletion on the english
>>wikipedia, and will absolutely accept very willingly any decision the
>>community will find toward its future.
>

> You realise that action was probably worse than useless:

Uh ?
Giving one's opinion is worse than useless ???

> 1. It doesn't slow down the vandals one bit - they routinely create a
> username, upload the image then make their edit putting it in place.
> The image will keep reappearing as long as the technical facility exists.

Yes, but if the image is voted once for deletion, it should be
automatically redeleted afterwards.

> 2. The deletion vote has reoccurred so often as to be vexatious IMO. It
> keeps getting nominated for deletion, it keeps getting voted to be kept.
> (What's the point, to keep nominating it until you get the answer you
> want?)

This was the first time *I* voted.

> 3. It encourages threads like this has become.
>

> - d.

Well, if the current direction is to encourage editors to say nothing at
all when they disagree with a situation, or to flow them under
accusations and insults when they do nevertheless, I think Wikipedia is
in big trouble. It is never a good think to threaten people who try to
give their opinion, and today makes me really wonder what project I am
in all fairness giving my time to.

Ant