[Wikipedia-l] Re:WikiIndex (idea)

Delirium delirium at hackish.org
Fri Mar 18 23:02:02 UTC 2005

Neil Harris wrote:

> At the risk of repeating myself, it would be really neat if we could
> write something like
>
> [[attribute = value]]
>
> in articles, since we could then use it to generate all sorts of good
> stuff, including automatic rendering of navigation tables in the UI,
> structured search, and autogeneration of RDF for semantic search engines.

Not to mention that this data can be reused.  For example, there are all
sorts of attributes on the Wikiproject Mountains pages.  If I could
specify "height=1377 meters" somewhere, then it could *both* be used to
generate the infobox, *and* used to sort mountains by height and
whatnot.  It'd also make the markup easier, because the current tables,
even with the simplified table notation, are pretty hard to read for a
layperson...

-Mark