[Wikipedia-l] Re:WikiIndex (idea)

Neil Harris neil at tonal.clara.co.uk
Fri Mar 18 11:51:45 UTC 2005

Marc O'Morain wrote:

 > [some good stuff]

Marc, have you taken a look at RDF, and, more to the point, n3, which is
a simplified notation that is equivalent to RDF? You are quite right,
our current categories approximate is-a relationships (although there
are some subtleties that they completely skate over).

At the risk of repeating myself, it would be really neat if we could
write something like

[[attribute = value]]

in articles, since we could then use it to generate all sorts of good
stuff, including automatic rendering of navigation tables in the UI,
structured search, and autogeneration of RDF for semantic search engines.

-- Neil