[Wikipedia-l] Re: Re: The elections are on, but I cast a blank ballot!

Mark Williamson node.ue at gmail.com
Wed Jun 29 10:21:18 UTC 2005

Why do you have to vote based on what they said?

Of course, it's all political drivel. I voted based on the fact that I
know these people. I voted for the ones I trust most with such a
position.

Mark

On 29/06/05, Craig Franklin <craig at halo-17.net> wrote:
> Scríobh Mark Williamson:
>
> >I would discourage this. Unless you really don't have an opinion, why
> >not vote for your preferred candidates? If you don't have a preference
> >and you don't like any of them, I can understand.
>
> But I do have an opinion.  The positions of all the candidates seem to be
> essentially identical, "we love Wikipedia and NPOV".  I see no dramatic
> proposals on the topics of copyright, promotion, hardware or managing
> growth.  The candidates all propose to increase community input to the
> board, but don't say exactly how they will do this.  They all talk about
> guiding the board, but offer no suggestions as to what direction they will
> guide it in.  Nobody, in particular, has expressed an opinion on the Chinese
> Wikinews issue.
>
> In summary, I voted blank.
>
> Sláinte,
> - Craig
>

> -------------------
> Craig Franklin
> PO Box 764
> Ashgrove, Q, 4060
> Australia
> http://www.halo-17.net - Australia's Favourite Source of Indie Music, Art,
> and Culture.

SI HOC LEGERE SCIS NIMIVM ERVDITIONIS HABES
QVANTVM MATERIAE MATERIETVR MARMOTA MONAX SI MARMOTA MONAX MATERIAM
POSSIT MATERIARI
ESTNE VOLVMEN IN TOGA AN SOLVM TIBI LIBET ME VIDERE