[Wikipedia-l] Re: Re: The elections are on, but I cast a blank ballot!

Craig Franklin craig at halo-17.net
Wed Jun 29 10:06:21 UTC 2005

Scríobh Mark Williamson:

>I would discourage this. Unless you really don't have an opinion, why
>not vote for your preferred candidates? If you don't have a preference
>and you don't like any of them, I can understand.

But I do have an opinion.  The positions of all the candidates seem to be
essentially identical, "we love Wikipedia and NPOV".  I see no dramatic
proposals on the topics of copyright, promotion, hardware or managing
growth.  The candidates all propose to increase community input to the
board, but don't say exactly how they will do this.  They all talk about
guiding the board, but offer no suggestions as to what direction they will
guide it in.  Nobody, in particular, has expressed an opinion on the Chinese
Wikinews issue.

In summary, I voted blank.

Sláinte,
- Craig