[Wikipedia-l] Re: IRC and freenode

Anthere anthere9 at yahoo.com
Fri Jun 24 22:18:06 UTC 2005

Gregory Maxwell a écrit:
> On 6/24/05, Anthere <anthere9 at yahoo.com> wrote:
>
>>A little announcement by Lilo, the director of PDPC and the head of
>>staff of freenode. For those who do not know... Freenode is ... our irc
>>service...
>

> I'd think we'd be better off if people on this list donated first to
> wikipedia. Freenode is a nice project but wikipedia provides something
> quite unique.  We already have to run our own IRC servers for recent
> changes...

I think that without freenode... it would be much much much more
difficult to manage many things. Real time chat makes a huge difference.
Now, we can ask the question to developers... do they feel like taking
care of ... euh possibly 100 channels ? Or might something like a
network of collaboration make the trick ?

ant