[Wikipedia-l] Re: link for complaints

Walter Vermeir walter at wikipedia.be
Thu Jun 16 22:45:14 UTC 2005

David Monniaux schreef:
> I think that all Wikipedia pages should contain somewhere (say, at the
> bottom) a link to a page where people could complain about the content
> of the articles. (I'm talking here of complaints about breach of
> privacy, copyright violation, libel etc.)

The Dutch Wikipedia has something like this for some years now. On the
bottom of the main page there is an "Contact"-link.

And in the side menu of all pages a "Help and contact"-link. It goes to
a short page whit some options like where to find the answers of most of
the questions, use the talk page, etc. and an link to an emailform to
send an question to Wikipedia.

The people doing the emails are all senior Wikipedians and are using an
disclaimer that the write in there own name and can not speak in the
name of Wikipedia or the Wikimedia Foundation.

The feedback we get from the users is very useful. You get that way the
responds from visitors for who editing on a talk page is to strange to
do. If you do not have an traditional way of contact you lose good
information. Or even questions from the press or so.

The only problem is the some new users think the this contact point is
an place where the can appeal for internal Wikipedia-social stuff.

Walter