[Wikipedia-l] Re: sco/fiu-vro in danger..

Mark Williamson node.ue at gmail.com
Sat Jun 4 23:04:26 UTC 2005

The most likely reason is that Wikipedia attracts intelligence, and
intelligent people are much more likely to be willing to consider
other possibilities and head down roads that unintelligent people
might not.

If I weren't intelligent, I probably would've ignored the fact that I
am attracted to other men, or said "I'm attracted to other men, but
I'm straight".

Intelligence isn't really the only factor though. A very intelligent
person from a lower socioeconomic class is less likely to be "out",
and a Dutch man is more likely to be "out" than a Korean man, who is
in turn more likely to be "out" than a Bhutanese man.

Mark

On 04/06/05, David 'DJ' Hedley <spyders at btinternet.com> wrote:
> > Jimmy Wales (jwales at wikia.com) [050605 07:15]:
> >
> > > It is my estimate based on attending technology conventions and
> > > Wikimedia meetups that Wikipedia is less male dominated than free
> > > software and tech generally, but still male dominated to an unfortunate
> > > extent.
> >

> > As far as we can tell discussing the topic on #wikipedia, Wikipedia is run
> > by a homosexual conspiracy. And the ones that aren't are transgender. IT'S
> > THE WIKIPEDIANS! THEY'RE IN IT WITH THE MARTIANS!
> >

> > - d.
> >

> Indeed, the amount of openly LGBT Wikipedians is interestingly high. I don't
> know why Wikipedia is so appealing to homosexual contributors, but it
> appears to be that it is.

SI HOC LEGERE SCIS NIMIVM ERVDITIONIS HABES
QVANTVM MATERIAE MATERIETVR MARMOTA MONAX SI MARMOTA MONAX MATERIAM
POSSIT MATERIARI
ESTNE VOLVMEN IN TOGA AN SOLVM TIBI LIBET ME VIDERE