[Wikipedia-l] Scheduled global downtime

Mark Williamson node.ue at gmail.com
Sat Jun 4 22:08:41 UTC 2005

What I wonder is, in moves like this, why are they all moved at the
same time? Why not move half, and then after we get _those_ up and
running again move the other half?

Mark

> On 7 June, 2005 at 3:00AM Eastern Standard Time (9:00AM Paris/Berlin
> time) we will be moving the bulk of the servers to a new facility across
> the street.
>
> I assume we will try to set up a sensible "downtime" page on the paris
> squids or something.  But the site will absolutely be down for awhile.
>
> The colocation facility is providing staff to do the move, and we are
> also supplying myself, Chad, Terry, and possibly Michael Davis and
> possibly a friend of Chad's -- all to make this go as quickly as possible.
>
> --Jimbo

SI HOC LEGERE SCIS NIMIVM ERVDITIONIS HABES
QVANTVM MATERIAE MATERIETVR MARMOTA MONAX SI MARMOTA MONAX MATERIAM
POSSIT MATERIARI
ESTNE VOLVMEN IN TOGA AN SOLVM TIBI LIBET ME VIDERE