[Wikipedia-l] Scheduled global downtime

Jimmy Wales jwales at wikia.com
Sat Jun 4 14:55:42 UTC 2005

On 7 June, 2005 at 3:00AM Eastern Standard Time (9:00AM Paris/Berlin
time) we will be moving the bulk of the servers to a new facility across
the street.

I assume we will try to set up a sensible "downtime" page on the paris
squids or something.  But the site will absolutely be down for awhile.

The colocation facility is providing staff to do the move, and we are
also supplying myself, Chad, Terry, and possibly Michael Davis and
possibly a friend of Chad's -- all to make this go as quickly as possible.

--Jimbo