[Wikipedia-l] link for complaints

Angela beesley at gmail.com
Fri Jun 3 21:45:16 UTC 2005

On 03/06/05, David Monniaux <David.Monniaux at ens.fr> wrote:
> I think that all Wikipedia pages should contain somewhere (say, at the
> bottom) a link to a page where people could complain about the content
> of the articles. (I'm talking here of complaints about breach of
> privacy, copyright violation, libel etc.)

I strongly agree. Currently there are two problems; firstly people not
knowing where to report and problem and therefore not bothering, and
secondly, people assuming that the board email address is the place to
send all issues. A page which explains where each type of problem
should be reported would be helpful, not only for people needing this
information, but also for those people who are faced with constant
queries in the wrong place.

I created link to http://www.wikicities.com/wiki/Report_a_problem on
every Wikicity in an attempt to address this, since we were having the
same problem there as we have at Wikimedia. Perhaps a similar page
could be developed and translated for Wikimedia, and it might also be
useful for such a link to become a default part of MediaWiki since the
"contact us" link has now gone (from the default skin anyway).

Angela