[Wikipedia-l] link for complaints

Daniel Mayer maveric149 at yahoo.com
Fri Jun 3 16:13:03 UTC 2005

--- David Monniaux <David.Monniaux at ens.fr> wrote:
> I think that all Wikipedia pages should contain somewhere (say, at the
> bottom) a link to a page where people could complain about the content
> of the articles. (I'm talking here of complaints about breach of
> privacy, copyright violation, libel etc.)

Well there is that pesky discussion link at the top of articles, but I agree
that a 'contact us' link is needed in either the sidebar or at the bottom of
every page. Such a link was in the old standard skin, but not in MonoBook.
There is a current MediaWiki feature request for a generic footer message where
links like [[Contact us]], [[Terms of use]], and [[Privacy policy]] could be
put. I think that would be best way to do this.

Here is the link to the en.wikipedia contact us page:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Contact_us

It would be very useful to have this page linked from every page again through
a footer message.

-- mav