[Wikipedia-l] Cross-project vandal

kelvSYC kelvsyc at shaw.ca
Thu Jun 2 21:12:41 UTC 2005

I'm here to post a warning of a vandal that spans multiple projects.
Here's a synopsis of how it went down from my POV:

[[b:User:Ivyboy]] and possible sockpuppet [[User:Dittoboy]] have been
causing disruptive behavior while trying to impersonate
[[User:Bulbaboy]] on at least en.w and en.b and possibly others.  I
was alerted to this when I saw the user trying to wikify a copyvio
page (ripped from GameFAQs), then trying to delete subsequent vfd and
copyvio notices and discussion from [[b:WB:VFD]] and the pages in
question.

As I was the person who took notice, I had to let another admin do
the work.  [[User:User142]] and [[User:Frazydee]] (also an admin)
have also been involved in this situation (as well as, of course,
[[User:Bulbaboy]]).  Ivyboy and Dittoboy have since resorted to
vandalism in various parts of en.w and en.b, ostensibly in an attempt
to prevent users at their university, [[Bar Ilan University]] in
Israel, from accessing the Wikimedia projects (it's also to note that
User142 also attends the university).

Action should be taken quickly.  Since I'm a newbie-ish admin at
en.b, I'm also looking for advice on how to deal with this sort of
situation should it pop up in the future.