[Wikipedia-l] Request for a Wikipedia in Waray-Waray (Samar-Leyte Visayan)

sumuroy1998 sumuroy1998 at yahoo.com
Mon Aug 22 22:38:36 UTC 2005

To the developers:

I would like to formally request the creation of a Wikipedia in Waray-Waray (also known as Waray, Samar-Leyte Visayan, Samareño etc.). I am a native speaker of the language.  There are nine votes of support for the proposed wiki.

The details of the proposal are at the "Requests for new languages" page on Meta at:

http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Requests_for_new_languages#Waray-Waray_.28Samar-Leyte_Visayan.29_.289.29

There is also an existing Test-Wikipedia for Waray at the following address:

http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Test-wp/war/

The bulk of the translation, editing, writing of articles for the Waray wiki will be done by myself and other native speakers.

Sincerely yours,

Harvey Fiji

en:User:Harvzsf
ceb:User:Harvzs