[Wikipedia-l] Deletion mechanism on wikis other than en:?

Milos Rancic millosh at gmail.com
Fri Aug 5 22:47:03 UTC 2005

Serbian Wikipedia has vfd page, but the way of making decisions is not
so formal like on en:. In general, if the article is related to to the
field which some of sr.Wikipedians know good (i.e., we have a couple
of good mathematicians; one has PhD), existence of such article is
related to her/his decision.

We don't delete articles often. We have a group of articles
"huh-ah-hoh, I am the best, you are the worst" :) Those articles are
deleted when one of admins see it. Nazi propaganda, too. But, other
kind of articles usually become a stub or good articles.

Yesterday I deleted one "huh-ah-hoh..." article about one village near
Belgrade (we would make better article about it using NGSA data). But,
one month ca pass between two deletions (except deletion was not made
by creator of the pate or according to her/his demand).

I suggest to make a teams in different fields which can give it's
opinion about deletion of some article. And it should be the part of
deletion process. (Btw, that kind of teams are very important for many
other things, such as facts inside of articles or even new Wikipedias;
I am preparing a mail which is related to this matter.)

Rule can be: if relevant team (for example, the team which works on
geography) say something (for example, to delete the article
"Papajakafana islands"), more then 80% of at least 10 votes should be
enough for opposite decision (i.e., to keep that). And I am sure that
at least 20% + 1 person would be reasonable enough :) And if 80% of
voters say something which is opposite to the team's decision: we
should find what is wrong. Also, if some team constantly votes against
the majority, we should find what is wrong, too.