[Wikipedia-l] Let's separate user and talkpage databases from article database

Optim optim81 at yahoo.co.uk
Fri Feb 20 03:29:52 UTC 2004

userpages, talkpages and articles.

Hello,

I think it would be a good idea to have separate
databases (or downloadable files) for userpages,
talkpages and articles.

Many Wikipedia mirrors copy userpages and
talkpages. I don't like that. It doesn't help to
protect the privacy of Wikipedians.

Having separate databases (or downloadable files)
will help the people who mirror our content to
copy just what they really want (the articles)
and not userpages and talkpages, which may
contain information some Wikipedians (like me)
would prefer be available only on servers
controlled by Wikimedia Foundation.

Please comment, support, oppose, criticise and
inform us about your opinion.

Thank you.

--Optim