[Wikipedia-l] Khranus' talk page edits

Sascha Noyes sascha at pantropy.net
Wed Nov 12 22:04:26 UTC 2003

I'm at whits end with the edits that Khranus makes to talk pages. He added
this comment to the Robert Mugabe talk page
(http://en2.wikipedia.org/wiki/Talk:Robert_Mugabe).:

----
Mugabe is an asshole, and should be hanged for having deceived the people of
Zimbabwe into believing that he was going to help 'liberate' them.

Kofi Annan is another example of a corrupt, authoritarian motherfucker. The UN
in general has made liberating mid-Africa near-impossible--they have only
served to further enslave a people who have for the past couple hundred years
taken more crap than any other region on Earth. Khranus
----

I reverted it a couple of times but gave up after another user posted a
response to the effect that such rants are not allowed on talk page.

My lingering concern is the possibility of libel action against wikipedia.
notice that allmost all other discussion sites have a notice to the effect
that the comments represent the view not of the site but only of the author,
blah, legalese, blah.

With an implied death threat such as the above, we are probably better off
adding such a disclaimer talk pages. Also, I think Khranus should be banned.

Best,
Sascha Noyes
--
Please encrypt all email. Public key available from
www.pantropy.net/snoyes.asc