[Wikipedia-l] could Espéranto-France help?

Chuck Smith msochuck at yahoo.com
Wed Nov 12 08:48:56 UTC 2003

> Hello Jimbo,
>
> Unfortunatly the french NIC doesnt allow this kind
> of thing. Upon domain
> registration you need to provide a document about
> your company / fundation
> whatever and you can't register for a name that
> isn't the name of your
> company.

I wonder if we could register under the organization
of Espéranto-France (www.esperanto-france.org).  If we
made Wikipedia a subsidiary project of the
organization or something like that, then we could
probably bypass the problems we're having.  Of course,
on the other hand, they might be able to give us
advice on how we could register such a domain name.
Because of our strong Esperanto section, I'm sure
they've heard of Wikipedia and would be willing to
help.  I would also imagine that if we have problems
in other countries, we might be able to ask the
national Esperanto organizations in these countries
for their help as well.

Also, perhaps Alliance Francais
(www.alliance-francaise.com) could help.  What do you
think?

Best wishes,
Chuck

=====
Esperantomobilo - esperantigante tra Ameriko
http://www.esperantomobilo.org/