[Wikipedia-l] Re: Do we really need a Sifter project?

Daniel Mayer maveric149 at yahoo.com
Mon Jul 28 19:28:03 UTC 2003

Ulrich Fuchs
>Again - If Nupedia wants to use Wikipedia articles
>(forking them or not) - they're free to do it, the
>License perfectly allows for that. Just go ahead
>and do it

Thank you! Exactly my point. But I would not support any fork - all editing
goes onto Wikipedia. I have not advocated /any/ change to Wikipedia other
than agree with Erik on his idea. I /have/ advocated dramatic changes to
Nupedia.

>there will be enough Wikipedia editors merging
>back the approved articles to Wikipedia, both will
>profit from that.

Read my lips; No new no fork.

>But I strongly oppose the Wikipedia *supporting*
>that in any further way.

Perhaps we need a Wikimedia mailing list because I was talking about a way to
revive Nupedia which is a Wikimedia project, BTW.

>It's like shooting ourselfs in the knee

And the Linux volunteer free software coders are harmed by GNU/Linux
distributors?

The Linux kernel has its own stable/unstable configuration and so do the
distributors. Both work together to create a better product.

-- mav