[Wikipedia-l] Re: [Edmund.W.Poor at abc.com: [WikiEN-l] How to ban a logged-in user

Zoe zoecomnena at yahoo.com
Sat Apr 5 22:01:09 UTC 2003

What?!  You really believe that NOBODY should EVER be banned?
Zoe
 Karl Eichwalder <ke at gnu.franken.de> wrote:Jimmy Wales writes:

> Since this would be a system-wide change, not English-only, we should
> discuss it over here, too.

You will not solve a single "problem" by banning. All these problems
are communication problems or these involved parties are simply psycho
cases needing our support.

Thus, no banning actions, please.

> Disadvantages:
>
> * Like all banning mechanisms, it could be abused.
> * If the IP is shared by "innocent" parties, they also get blocked.

Yes, these are the side effects making bans even more eval.

--
ke at suse.de (work) / keichwa at gmx.net (home): |
http://www.gnu.franken.de/ke/ | ,__o