[Wikipedia-l] Deletion

The Cunctator cunctator at kband.com
Wed Sep 25 04:59:29 UTC 2002

We could continue the blow-by-blow, but it's really unnecessary. Steps
for action have become clear:

* Modify the deletion mechanism to make it "soft" in some way

* Modify the deletion mechanism to allow for purges of copyright
infringement (though of course there's potential for abuse there, so a
more formal confirmation/review mechanism would be necessary;
possibilities include community norms like not deleting that which you
nominate, and waiting some time period after nomination, or some other
technological mechanisms)

Meanwhile I ask, respectfully, everyone to attempt to wait at least a
few days, or even a day, or at least a few hours (rather than a few
minutes) before deleting nominated pages. It's a simple politeness to
those who see weak stubs as an invitation, not an affront.