[Wikipedia-l] Deletions

Khendon jason at jasonandali.org.uk
Tue Sep 24 07:49:02 UTC 2002

On Mon, Sep 23, 2002 at 10:19:51AM -0600, Fred Bauder wrote:
> >I'm not convinced it works that way, inexperienced wikipedian that I am.
> >Speaking personally, if I notice a "full" link then I'll likely as not
> >pass over it. If I notice an "empty" link then I'm much more likely to
> >consider whether I could write an article on the subject.
>
> I would say it is a good habit to check out articles on subjects of
> interest. Especially in areas of expertise.

Oh, definitely. But say I know a little bit about Little Bunny Foo Foo,
and think I could write a few useful paragraphs with the aid of google,
but I'm by no means a Bunny Foo Foo expert. If I see a Bunny Foo Foo
link to an article, unless I have more spare time than usual I'll
probably pass over it - after all, there's bound to be a few Bunny
Foo Foo expert wikipedians who know more about the subject than me.

But if I see a dangling link to Bunny Foo Foo, chances are better
I'll, uh, "hop" over and write something.

Just a point of view.

--
Khendon  (Jason Williams)
khendon at khendon.org.uk    http://www.jasonandali.org.uk/jason/