[Wikipedia-l] Red links

Magnus Manske magnus.manske at epost.de
Tue Sep 24 07:09:10 UTC 2002

Anthere wrote:

>I am glad that everybody's seems SO happy by how
>quickly that issue was settled.

After the issue had been around for some days, and with a lots of "red
links" against very few (two, I think I saw before I made the change),
and the change being less work than this email, I just leaped into action ;)

>I am not.

Sorry to hear that. You can still have the question marks for yourself,
of course, as can anyone who signs up.

>Don't get me wrong. If the majority of people here
>think it better to switch to red links, that's ok.
>
>But, since you were so quick, did you realise Giskart
>asked you a little bit of delay to have time to ask
>the dutch wiki ? Do you know at what time he asked the
>question ?
>
>Sun, 22 Sep 2002 20:42:22 +0200 (on my screen)
>
>Do you know what time it was when you posted it was
>all set, changes done, everybody happy ?
>
>Mon, 23 Sep 2002 15:12:30 +0200 (on my screen)
>
>That is less than 19 hours later

First, the changes only affect the wikipedias running Phase III
software. Yes, Dutch will be one of them, probably soon. But
1. this could be set for every language differently
2. this shouldn't be set for every language differently. IMHO the
different language version should look alike. But, that's just my
personal, subjective opinion. And we have *lots* of time to decide on
that one. Will two days be OK? ;-)

>I laid them down here
>http://meta.wikipedia.com/wiki.phtml?title=Future_of_international_Wikipedias_as_part_of_the_main_community

I'll read is soon...