[Wikipedia-l] Red links

Anthere anthere5 at yahoo.com
Tue Sep 24 02:33:37 UTC 2002

I am glad that everybody's seems SO happy by how
quickly that issue was settled.

And indeed, taking very quick decisions as soon as a
reasonable small number of people agree seem to be the
easiest way to achieve consensus. Is everybody's happy
? great.

I am not.

Don't get me wrong. If the majority of people here
think it better to switch to red links, that's ok.

But, since you were so quick, did you realise Giskart
asked you a little bit of delay to have time to ask
the dutch wiki ? Do you know at what time he asked the
question ?

Sun, 22 Sep 2002 20:42:22 +0200 (on my screen)

Do you know what time it was when you posted it was
all set, changes done, everybody happy ?

Mon, 23 Sep 2002 15:12:30 +0200 (on my screen)

That is less than 19 hours later

I read messages of your proposition to change this
morning before leaving for work. No time to ask
anything on the french wiki. And indeed, it would have
been useless. By the time I got home, it was done.

Trivial issue ???

Nope. Don't think so.

Question : if french or dutch decide they would prefer
? rather than red, is it technically possible ?

That also triggers a few questions in my mind upon the
position of international wikipedia in the existing
community.

I laid them down here
http://meta.wikipedia.com/wiki.phtml?title=Future_of_international_Wikipedias_as_part_of_the_main_community

peace