[Wikipedia-l] Deletion

Larry Sanger lsanger at nupedia.com
Tue Sep 24 03:55:09 UTC 2002

On Mon, 23 Sep 2002, Jeroen Heijmans wrote:

> ... If I have to explain every single move and deletion and addition I
> make here and have it approved by all Wikipedians, we might as well
> stop the entire project. ...

Precisely.  Accountability is one thing.  That's absolutely key, we can
all agree.  But provoking a needlessly hostile or confrontational scene
whenever you disagree with someone, on the most minor issues--that's
totally unnecessary.  Unfortunately, it's been a traditional part of
Wikipedia at least since I became Wikipedia's resident whipping boy.  :-)
Now that I'm officially no longer the project leader (thank god), I see
the same venom directed at others.

There's no reason for this; a little kindness, *please*!

Larry