[Wikipedia-l] Deletions

Jeroen Heijmans j.heijmans at stud.tue.nl
Mon Sep 23 16:30:28 UTC 2002

wikipedia-l-request at nupedia.com wrote:

>All right. The big deleters (Engels, Jheimens, Mav) have adopted a more
>aggressive policy for deleting pages than the stated one (on
>[[Wikipedia:Votes for deletion]] and [[Wikipedia:Policy on permanent
>deletion of pages]]).
>
>Primarily, they delete stubs.

I - my username is Jheijmans - don't delete stubs. The pages I delete
contain:

* outright gibberish, such as
"afqweoriyqpwtha;sehfqpiugaigasgfas;lkfjzczvzzcvz1234"
* vandalism, such as "F*CK YOU", "Haha I can edit this page"
* "Put your text for the new article here"
* non-encyclopedia material, such as "Check my website at
http://www.geocities.com/thisiscool", or "For information on this
subject, check my website"
* copyrighted material - which I list first as such on the deletion
votes pages
* sub-stub information of the level "George Bush is the president" or
"Malawi is some sort of place in Africa, I think"

I also remove pages like the above, emptied or marked as such by other
Wikipedians

For a large part, the pages I delete have existed for less than a day. I
don't see that deleting such crap would hamper anybody to write a
serious stub or article about the topic.

On the topic of sub-stubs, this was discussed some weeks ago on the
list, and I believe the general opinion was that there's no need for
such sub-stubs.

Jeronimo