[Wikipedia-l] Deletions

The Cunctator cunctator at kband.com
Mon Sep 23 14:03:45 UTC 2002

On 9/23/02 9:23 AM, "Fred Bauder" <fredbaud at ctelco.net> wrote:
> I quite agree, although my vested interest in stubs is less now days, since
> I have both had little time and have generally worked on substantial
> articles.  I just don't have time to monitor the deletion police. I did
> notice a proposed deletion of [[poverty]] a dismal article about a dismal
> subject, which I thought rather unwise. It would seem on obvious candidate
> for editing and addition of more substantial material rather than deletion.
>
> To the individuals involved, I would say that if you spent more time
> writing articles you would have less time for vandalism.

I just want to say that I'm not trying to imply that anyone, including the
people I mentioned, aren't well-intentioned, positive contributors. The
people who delete a lot also contribute lots more. We just need to all work
together for best principles on how to properly manage Wikipedia's content,
find the right balance between a free-for-all and delete-all-mediocrity.