[Wikipedia-l] Most active contributors

Karen AKA Kajikit kaji at labyrinth.net.au
Wed Sep 18 11:19:47 UTC 2002

Andre Engels wrote:

> I wanted to see who is the most active contributor at the moment. To do so,
> I counted (or rather, had the database count) the numbers of edits per
> registered user.
>
> The outcome can be found at [[Wikipedia:Most active Wikipedians]].

[snip]

> Note that in total we are slightly above 130000 edits, so Maveric did almost
> 10% of all edits.
>
> Of course this is only a very rough measure of how much someone is working
> on the project - correcting a typo is an edit just as much as, say, extending
> a stub to a three-page article. Still, it seems that Wikipedia should hope and
> pray that maveric is not getting a life any time soon...

Hmmm... I would have thought I'd be up there, and looking at the longer
list I see I slot in at number 21 - not bad since I only registered in
April! :)

I haven't got a job... so what's everyone else's excuse? :P

--

Karen AKA Kajikit

And on the seventh day, God said 'What my world needs is a creature
that will truly appreciate it in all its facets' -
and so He made the kitten.

Come and visit my part of the web:
Kajikit's Corner: http://Kajikit.netfirms.com/
Allergyfree Eating Recipe Swap: