[Wikipedia-l] Most active contributors

Andre Engels engels at uni-koblenz.de
Wed Sep 18 11:09:10 UTC 2002

I wanted to see who is the most active contributor at the moment. To do so,
I counted (or rather, had the database count) the numbers of edits per
registered user.

The outcome can be found at [[Wikipedia:Most active Wikipedians]].

 1 Maveric149        12995
 2 Andre Engels       6287
 3 Bryan Derksen      5978
 4 AxelBoldt          5802
 5 Koyaanis Qatsi     5002
 6 Ed Poor            4849
 7 Tucci528           4620
 8 Jheijmans          4477
 9 Brion VIBBER       4069
10 Zoe                3853
11 Eclecticology      3667
12 The Anome          3581
13 Tarquin            3577
14 Vicki Rosenzweig   3273
15 -- April           3155
16 Ellmist            2798
17 PierreAbbat        2654
18 Lee Daniel Crocker 2652
19 Isis               2651
20 The Epopt          2586

Note that in total we are slightly above 130000 edits, so Maveric did almost
10% of all edits.

Of course this is only a very rough measure of how much someone is working
on the project - correcting a typo is an edit just as much as, say, extending
a stub to a three-page article. Still, it seems that Wikipedia should hope and
pray that maveric is not getting a life any time soon...

Andre Engels