[Wikipedia-l] Call for Boycott, Judea Declares War on Germany

Helga Hecht helgah at email.com
Sun Sep 8 19:54:41 UTC 2002

On wiki [[Berlin]] page I added  "text". Vicki, you objected.

Around 1933, some 160,000 Jews were living in Berlin, a third of all German Jews. They constituted four percent of the population. A third of them were poor immigrants from Eastern Europe, who lived mainly in Scheunenviertel near Alexanderplatz?. The Jews were persecuted from the beginning of the Nazi regime. In March all Jewish doctors had to leave the Charité hospital. "As apparent counter-measure a worldwide Jewish boycott was called on March 24, 1933 with a Daily Express, London newspaper article stating: Judea Declares War On Germany (complete text:[[2]]). The many economic boycott actions were answered in the first week of April, when Nazi officials ordered the German population not to buy at Jewish shops."
--
[[2]] = Shofar Nizcor website.
--

"In the first week of April, Nazi officials ordered the German population not to buy at Jewish shops".

instead of:

"The many economic boycott actions were answered in the first week of April, when Nazi officials ordered the German population not to buy at Jewish shops".

Please let me know here.
Thank you
H. Jonat