[Wikipedia-l] Protected pages

koyaanisqatsi at nupedia.com koyaanisqatsi at nupedia.com
Sun Sep 8 15:35:12 UTC 2002

I don't remember coming to an agreement they should be protected, either (though I've recently had a blow to the head).  ;-)  I've seen them vandalized a few times, then reverted.  One issue I have with their protection is that it seems to imply that the policies are etched in stone, when in fact one of the "rules" of wikipedia is to ignore all rules if rules make you uncomfortable.

Yet the policy pages are protected.  I think they call that [[cognitive dissonance]].  I'm tempted to ignore an unwritten rule now.

kq