[Wikipedia-l] Message 10 Wed 4 Sep 2002 06:30 by Dany..and other Interne...

daniwo59 at aol.com daniwo59 at aol.com
Thu Sep 5 23:27:02 UTC 2002

In a message dated 9/5/2002 4:15:37 PM Eastern Standard Time,
helgah at email.com writes:

> I am only bringing all this up, because of Dany's bad choice of a website
> title: Helga and other Internet cooks. I also want to substanciate my talk
> to Dany, that there are a lot more facts , that the general public is not
> aware of. I also stated that I do not want to get anyone hurt and that I
> have a great concern for people wanting to make war, war war... It was also
> before I found out that Dany works in the Holocaust memorial, which some
> writers
> including Jewish writers, might call the Holocaust industry.

She wrote a lot else, but I think I answered for myself adequately on the
relevant Talk page (Neturei Karta), which she quoted extensively.

Helga, yes I do work in the Museum of Jewish Heritage. However, any statement
I make here represents me and me alone.

I find your snub about the Holocaust industry offensive, however, I have come
to expect that of you. I am the first to admit that I have attitudes and
opinions regarding the Holocaust, anti-Semitism, and Zionism, all
controversial subjects here. On the other hand, you will also find that the
vast majority of my contributions to Wikipedia have not focused on these
issues, not because I do not know the subject matter well, but because I do
know it well and I wanted to avoid involving myself in debates and
discussions where I may be tempted to violate the principles of NPOV. My one
Holocaust contribution was on Mordechai Anielewicz, and that was made before
I began working at the museum (which was rather recently). I did write about
a variety of other topics reflecting my other interests, as my personal page
shows. How Billie Holiday relates to the Holocaust is beyond me. How the
tables I created for each president relate to the Holocaust is beyond me too.
How the Banawa of Brazil or the Chaco War or the film "Chang" relate to the
Holocaust is anybody's guess. My one great debate on Jewish matters was
actually with RK, who focuses on Jewish subjects. Though it got heated at
times, the result (Ultra-Orthodox Judaism) is, I think, a good article.

What are you suggesting regarding the Neturei Karta? Is it that the fact that
I have read about them, written about them, studied them, lived among them,
and worked on a documentary film about them somehow grounds for excluding me
from writing about them here? Or is it that your single source, two
interrelated websites, trumps any serious research? If anything, I wrote the
article as a defense of them. You want to turn it into an attack on others.

You also keep quoting these elusive "facts" that you happen to be aware of,
even if no one else is. The Internet is full of conspiracy theories. There
are books written about them too. That does not make them facts. It is
unfortunate that you do not know how to distinguish fact from theory from
flight of fancy. Perhaps if you did, your articles would be more acceptable.

Finally, I just want to note that you still do not know what my attitudes and
opinions regarding the Holocaust, anti-Semitism, and Zionism are.

Danny