[Wikipedia-l] Re: Re: Why the free encyclopedia movement needs to be more like the free

Daniel Mayer maveric149 at yahoo.com
Sun Sep 1 05:15:42 UTC 2002

On Sunday 01 September 2002 07:10 am, Stephen Gilbert wrote:
> But if our primary goal is to produce a
> general reference, generally educated
> people can do the job very well.

This has got to be one of the major reasons why Wikipedia is thriving and
Nupedia is moribund.

Just because I don't have a degree specifically in Chemistry does not stop me
from researching and putting a great deal of work into the elements and other
chemistry articles.

If we begin to give the impression that such expertise is preferred, then
Wikipedia will begin to share the fate of Nupedia.

WIth that said, I think that a Nupedia distribution of Wikipedia articles
would be great.

-- Daniel Mayer (aka mav)