[Wikipedia-l] Re: [Wikitech-l] Feature Proposal: Certification

Poor, Edmund W Edmund.W.Poor at abc.com
Thu Oct 31 19:09:15 UTC 2002

Dear M,

Neither of the scenarios you suggest is likely to occur with me, or with any of the dozens of others whose work I've come to repect.

If I see the "hidden changes exist" flag, then of course I will either:
* read the current version, or
* use the "History" and "Diff" links
to see what you call the wild changes, before editing.

But if a shortcut to 'edit the version currently displayed' would cause more harm than good, I have no objection to its being omitted. When I need to revert vandalism, I can just use the "History" link as always.

Do you still think there still something fundamentally, um, bad about the way of creating an encyclopedia that Erik and I are discussing?

Ed Poor