[Wikipedia-l] Edit pages by double clicking them

Ray Saintonge saintonge at telus.net
Tue Oct 29 18:17:17 UTC 2002

Erik Moeller wrote:

>I've written a small patch that allows you to edit Wikipedia articles by
>just double clicking the page.
>
>Please let me know if you notice any problems or special cases that need to
>be considered. Note: I agree it would be neat to place the cursor where you
>click, but to my knowledge this isn't possible with JavaScript.

I've tried it, and I'm going back to the old way.  It may be fine for
others, but I found that in the case of long articles (even more notably
in some talk pages) as I clicked along the scroll bar my cursor would
drift off the bar and I would end up with an edit page that I didn't want.

Eclecticology