[Wikipedia-l] Edit pages by double clicking them

Erik Moeller erik_moeller at gmx.de
Tue Oct 29 11:11:20 UTC 2002

Hi,

I've written a small patch that allows you to edit Wikipedia articles by
just double clicking the page. This works in IE, Mozilla and Konqueror with
JavaScript enabled.

To enable it, go to your preferences and check "Edit pages on double click"
(on en.wikipedia.org). Then choose an editable page (not Main Page) and click
twice anywhere on the page. It should have the same effect as "Edit this
page".

Please let me know if you notice any problems or special cases that need to
be considered. Note: I agree it would be neat to place the cursor where you
click, but to my knowledge this isn't possible with JavaScript.

Thanks to Brion VIBBER for applying this patch.

Regards,

Erik