[Wikipedia-l] Wikipedia software upgrade status

Irina Rosenthal artemisia at gmx.li
Sat Oct 26 21:53:27 UTC 2002

Brion VIBBER <brion at pobox.com> writes:

> A number of languages are currently virtually unusable on the
> Latin-1-hardwired old server. (Arabic, Chinese, Russian, Hebrew...) If
> anyone expresses interest I can set them up in Unicode on the new
> server; though there are presently problems with the search function,
> you can edit and link so it's better than nothing!

Please do that - I don't want to know how many possible contributors have
been driven away by the broken encoding up to now.

Maybe I'll find the time to do some promotion for the arabic wikipedia.

greetings,
elian
--
Unix -is- user friendly. It's just very selective about who its
friends are. And sometimes even best friends have fights.