[Wikipedia-l] Wikipedia software upgrade status

Brion VIBBER brion at pobox.com
Sat Oct 26 22:36:08 UTC 2002

Just a reminder...

The French localization is ready to go, I can do a final upgrade to the
new server and software whenever is convenient. (Anthere, Aoineko, vous
êtes prêts ?)

Polish and Esperanto are still waiting on Unicode search fixes and
X-system editing for eo. I will try to get these working soon.

Of the middle-tier somewhat active wikis (over 200 pages), Norwegian,
Swedish, and Portuguese are still yet to have the new interface
localized, and I'm loathe to convert them without doing so. However, of
these only Swedish has the current UseMod interface localized; if
someone asks to have the others moved soon and localized later, that's okay.

A number of languages are currently virtually unusable on the
Latin-1-hardwired old server. (Arabic, Chinese, Russian, Hebrew...) If
anyone expresses interest I can set them up in Unicode on the new
server; though there are presently problems with the search function,
you can edit and link so it's better than nothing!

More at:
http://meta.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia_software_upgrade_status

-- brion vibber (brion @ pobox.com)