[Wikipedia-l] Re: [Intlwiki-l] voting on www.wikipedia.org

Anthere anthere5 at yahoo.com
Sat Oct 26 18:20:30 UTC 2002

> >www.wikipedia.org should:
> >
> >[] not be changed at all.
> >
> >[] redirect depending on the browser's language
> setting to the wikipedia
> >in the prefered language.
> >
> >[x] be a multilingual portal (1)
> >
> >[] other ______

Hi,

Of course, everybody is aware that the little codicil
(1) is meaning that one is not *only* voting for the
"multilingual portal" proposition, but roughly for the
proposition detailed in (1). That should cut any
further discussion short.

That reminds me of the referendum we had to vote for
quite many years ago when we had lots of problems with
our colony New Caledonia.
The vote proposition was basically "do you want to do
something for New Caledonia"
* yes
* no

"wellllllll....yessssss of course"
There was an unwritten codicil.

-----

So of course, I vote "other"
Well being aware that in *this* voting system, "other"
means "white" and that "white" is never counted in the
final results.
Undefined "other" can not be anything else than
"white".

"Other" could have been a proposition, as was
announced by tc *yesterday*.

Anthere